Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Creating a (start-up ) Art-up culture





Some days, I genuinely wonder why I put myself through this torture of being an  artrepreneur , and then I tell myself that in order to be happy, my road to self-actualization involves creating legacy, and the path to impact is tortuous. The truth is that its what makes me happy i might not be the most wealthiest artist or business owner but my time will come , you see unhappy people are less creative, productive and more likely to be unlucky. I frequently ask people to share with me the first image that comes to mind when I say "happy moment." This could be reading a book in a coffee shop(my favorite starbucks), a good conversation with a close friend or a challenging run at the gym or whatever . I then ask the question: "How many times per week do you have happy moments?" MAN!  I am shocked to hear that more often than not, people tell me they can't remember the last time they had one of those! WTF i have happy moments  all the time !  I believe----that successful art-ups  or start-ups have happy people, which is a requirement for happy customers . Creating a Art -up (start-up ) culture in which happiness is a core value is very important IT IS THE MOST FREAKIN IMPORTANT PART!  being happy . What's the worst that could happen, anyway? You might fail to launch a product, nobody like your new artwork, you get no hits on your website etc.  but you will still walk away with happiness--it's not so scary after all.



Take the risk- accept your failures- learn from the experience and start all over till YA! make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment